5 NEW ROUTINES ON QUARANTINE DAYS


Hello everyone, how’s your day so far? Hope everything goes well... :)

As we’re all know, currently we’re facing global pandemic, Covid-19. It’s been 7 weeks for me and my family stay at home. We don’t know when this situation will come to an end. But if we think about it, life is all about uncertainty, right?

At the first 2-3 weeks, honestly, I was so sad, anxious, stressful and quite lost, didn’t know what to do in this situation. I’m not preparing for this, we’re not. What about our big plan this year, including my resignation, and so on? All I know is everything has been postponed for now, and waiting for the right time. Physical and social distancing are common terms in our society these days. When I was going out for grocery it’s really stressful and felt insecure. Even I didn’t let my son to go out for playing with our neighbors or go to the park like he used to. Me and my husband already work from home since mid March, also for our son. No more daycare days and his class move to online. For me, as an extrovert, really hard to stay at home all the time, without going out, socialize with friends, and so on. On the other side, it’s like heaven for my husband, who really loves stay at home. But of course in this kind of situation nothing last forever.

At this rate, I’m just trying to accept that this is our life now, and trying to see from another perspective. I admit it, it’s not easy, but after a month I decided myself not to overly stress about this and just enjoyed the moment in front of me. In this ‘new normal’ these are my 5 new routine:

1. Work/School From Home
If I ever dreaming about working from home, yes that’s true. But then again, not in this kind of situation. Conference call meeting from one to another is our best friends since day 1 of self quarantine. The daycare also closed temporarily until further notice, so his class move to online as well. He said that “why we have to greet each other, we’re at home not at school?”, he still didn’t realized that this is gonna be his new normal for the time being. He looks not comfortable and hard to focus. We keep remind and give him understanding, that we’re in condition that cannot go outside freely like we used to. Even he’s angry while both of us stay at home, but still working. That’s why I made a rule to myself that I will work 9-5 like I used to had in previous normal life. After that it’s time to play with him and of course in the weekend. But of course in the reality it’s not that simple. Juggling to do house core, taking care my son, husband and working, just WOW! Let’s accept and enjoy the moment. 🤪

2. Online class (exercise, workshop, etc)
Now we’re getting used to online thing more than ever. Exercise, meditation, workshop, meeting, all of them we’re doing it online. Through various social media platform and technology, let’s name it Instagram, Zoom, MS Teams etc. Every morning I’m trying to have 30-60 mins exercise before I start working. YouTube-ing by myself or join Instagram live with fitness instructor. During Ramadan this year, I’ve joined some class from parenting, financial and even learning new skill, but not much for the heavy exercise. Listening to podcast quite a lot about Ramadan itself, relationship, and many more. Keep my body healthy and my mind sane are really important thing to do right now, and these activity really helps me.

3. (More) Online shopping
Ok, since we have to do social and physical distancing, online shopping is one of the best solution for us. No need to meet other people in a group makes us feel safer. Actually it’s not a new thing for me, and my husband, since we’re really used to it before this situation. Now, it’s getting more intense after we have limitation to go outside except for getting the essential/basic needs. But of course after we receive the goods, I will spray and wipe it with disinfectant. Clothing, games, even food and beverages, and I prefer to buy local to keep the economy running.

4. Cooking Mama is back
Yepp, its back, both in real life also in games hehehe.. Previously I rarely had no time to cook in weekdays, but during this quarantine I prefer to cook by myself than made online order. Well, I’m not really that idealist all the time, there are times when I have so many con-call with the team, I’m still using delivery online. At least, I’m using this opportunity to use all the recipe that I’ve been saved in IG and other notes hahaha.. This is one of my stress release, not including washing the dishes. 😜

5. Self care
Lately, journaling and meditation are my kind of self care. It really calms my mind, of course besides praying. These two things help to reduce my anxiety when facing this situation. My friend said that there is always message from God, don’t forget to catch the meaning from everything happened in this world. I know there's no coincidence. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe, this is the time for me, us, to look into ourselves more, to see what's the most valuable thing that we have, to be more grateful.

“So verily, with the hardship there is relief. Verily, with the hardships, there is relief” - Quran 94: 5-6

That’s it. I hope everyone stay healthy, both mind and body. Don’t lose our hope, we’re all in this together. 😊🤗

“Que sera, sera
Whatever will be will be
The future’s not ours to see
Que sera, sera” - Doris Day



xoxo,
Fetty

Comments

Popular Posts